Position: Senior Corporate Accountant
Reports to: Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis
Status: Full-Time Exempt
Summary: A key member of PanAgora’s Finance team with responsibility for the Corporate Accounting operations. This role will work in close partnership with all members of PanAgora’s Finance team with an opportunity to learn and develop within other areas of finance.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage incoming cash activity, including domestic and international flows on a daily basis. Track and reconcile advisory fee accruals and payments as needed.
- Establish prepaids and fixed assets, as well as run monthly capitalization and standard accrual processes in line with general accounting standards.
- Track and reconcile intercompany transactions between PanAgora and Parent company. Work in partnership to reconcile existing Intercompany transactions and generate ideas for new processes to reduce and streamline the number of intercompany transactions.
- Work in conjunction with other members of PanAgora Finance to ensure all work associated with month and quarter end close are completed in SAP in a timely fashion, including flux analysis and account reconciliations.
- Ensure all work is performed timely and accurately. Monitor workflow and operating practices to ensure compliance with standards, procedures, controls and business requirements.
- Collaborate with internal and external auditors as necessary on the quarterly and annual audit processes.
- Communicate with Parent company experts for latest accounting regulations; analyze impact of new/emerging regulations on the Company and proactively develops policy to address standard adoption and implementation.
- Work alongside Finance business partners to transition various processes from Putnam Finance to PanAgora Finance without interruption to timeliness or control environments. Participate in the ICOFR documentation process with Putnam Finance and Internal Audit to document changes to process flows.
- Work to improve accounting and control processes in the department. Ensure proper internal controls exist based on the complexity and nature of the transactions or process.
- Actively participate in the development and completion of special projects as assigned.
- Coordinate and effectively communicate with various departments throughout the company and all levels of management regarding accounting, reporting, and regulatory issues.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- 3-5 years of accounting experience
- Bachelor’s in Accounting; MBA/MSA preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills; Ability to effectively interact and communicate within all levels of the organization, including affiliate partners
- Strong quantitative, analytical skills with a high attention to detail; Excel skills required
- Strong understanding and technical ability within relevant system applications (i.e., MS Office, SAP, etc.); SAP General Ledger experience essential
- Strong time management and organizational skills in order to successfully operate in a deadline-oriented environment
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership in your work
Founded in 1989, PanAgora (Greek for across marketplace) Asset Management is a premier provider of investment solutions spanning most major asset classes and risk ranges. We seek to provide investment solutions using sophisticated quantitative techniques that incorporate fundamental insights and vast amounts of market information. While PanAgora’s investment strategies are highly systematic in nature, the processes deployed within these strategies are built and overseen by talented professionals with significant and diverse investment experience. Innovative research plays a central role in our investment philosophy and process, and is an essential component of our firm’s ability to deliver attractive investment solutions. Investment teams are organized into an Equity Strategies group and a Multi Asset Strategies group. Most investment team members are engaged in original research using fundamental intuition, market intelligence, modern finance and scientific methods.
We are committed to providing clients with reliable investment processes, consistent performance, transparency, and access to our investment resources. Our client base is comprised of institutional investors across the globe, including public & private retirement funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowments & foundations, and sub-advisory mandates.
Interested candidates should send their resume to Careers@Panagora.com. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. If there is an interest, you will be contacted directly.
PanAgora is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities to job applicants and employees without regard to race, religion, sex, marital status, color, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, pregnancy, ancestry or sexual orientation. PanAgora is committed to maintaining an environment that is free from discrimination as well as adhering to applicable federal and state laws.